Hadoop - The Next Big Thing
Hadoop, named after a toy elephant that occur with one of its investors, is an open source software framework. It is efficient of storing huge amount of data and handling various application and jobs endlessly. Hadoop’s effectiveness makes it one of the most desired data platforms for successful businessmen worldwide.
For the reason, it can store and quickly process any type of data. Hadoop is one step ahead of the game in the open source world. Data is growing and unstable day by day due to social media inventions, new mobile inventions, and technological advancement. Here are few more benefits it includes:
- Malleability - Hadoop is not like other databases that need to process its data before storing it. You can store as much as you need to and then process it later. That applies to images, videos, and text as well.
- Failure tolerance - All of your data is protected against the occurrence of faulty hardware. If a node (communication point) fails, the tasks are sent to other nodes. Several copies of the data are stored to insure successful processing.
- Minimal cost - The open-source framework is free and the cost to use the object hardware is low.
- Growth accommodation - It is comparatively simple to increase your system by adding nodes to it.
The Role of Hadoop in Big Data Analytics
Considering Hadoop can handle vast amounts of data of any kind, it has the capability to do analytical algorithms. It can help your business run smoother, discover new developments, and analyze advantages over your competitors. Web-based recommendation is derived from Hadoop.
Despite Hadoop is a free platform, the need for commercial distribution is developing. It can handle any issues with the open source version of it such as the following:
- Technical support - Assistance can be given to clients that need Hadoop to accomplish high level tasks that are outside of their expertise.
- Stability - Hadoop businessperson will alert clients immediately upon discovering a bug or virus in their system. Immediate attention will be given to fix the issues to guarantee stable solutions.
- Complete Package - Vendors will pair their distributions with add-on tools to help demonstrating the Hadoop application for specific needs.
Vendors Enjoying Growth by Commercially Distributing Hadoop
These are the leading Hadoop vendors who will contribute to its effectiveness in big data analytics over the next few years:
- Amazon - Amazon has a long teamwork with Hadoop. It provides grouped big data analytics including scientific simulation, web indexing, and financial analysis. Instead of organizing servers by the millennium trade can use this “cloud” platform that is ready to work.
- Hortonworks - Hortonworks is an organization that propels open source distributions into the IT market. Their main goal is to speed up the adoption of Hadoop by all of its partners. This company makes more than 59 new customers quarterly via eBay, Bloomberg, Samsung, and Spotify. They have partnership with Microsoft, SAP, and more. Hortonworks make more than $33 million in 2013.
- Cloudera - The organization has been founded by prior Yahoo, Google, and Facebook engineers. They up bring ready Hadoop solutions with extra technical support and training. They have approximately 53% of Hadoop’s market.
- Microsoft - Microsoft typically does not participate with open source software solutions, however Microsoft has decided lately to go open source. Hadoop is at its finest when used with Microsoft’s public cloud product, Azure. In Education Sector, office 365 integrates with Moodle to bring in a more dynamic environment for teachers and students by co-operating login credentials, calendar management and course content creation, in addition to other workflow improvements for education institutions.
- IBM - IBM pairs Hadoop with high level characteristics. Customers can quickly create and move data in less than half an hour. This is with a data processing speed of $0.60 per cluster per hour.